Liverpool Women’s Hospital Charity is hosting its first Pink & Purple Pram Push on Friday 17th September to raise funds for the Neonatal Unit and the Big Tiny Steps Appeal.
1k & 5k routes available to suit all abilities. Please join us with your family for £15 to help support families when their baby is critical ill. Sponsorship of this fun challenge is encouraged to help boost our fundraising. If you would like to set up a Just Giving page, follow this link here: https://www.justgiving.com/liverpoolwomen
The route is perfect for all ages and abilities and we welcome babies, children, wheelchairs, adults of all ages and of course dogs! Water and goodie bags will be handed out on the day and a charity branded medal at the finishing line! Please ensure that you wear appropriate footwear and clothing. You can bring a picnic or refreshments are available for purchase onsite.
You can find a map of the course here https://www.liverpoolwomens.nhs.uk/charity/get-involved/join-our-events/
Special guest, Lee Butler will be attending and headline sponsor Mamafit will be there to warm us up for your walking fundraising challenge. Sponsors and close supporters Waterbabies, Kids Planet Nurseries and iFi will also be attending. The charity will be hosting a raffle with fantastic prizes up for grabs!
Family Ticket = 4 participants but we are happy to be flexible on this.
Please come join the fun and show your support for our preterm and sick babies. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
Please be advised of the following prior to attending the event…
• Participants are advised to wear appropriate clothing and sensible footwear. Parts of the route are bumpy and may be muddy.
• The 5K route includes wooded areas of the park. Participants are advised to ensure their pram/buggy is suitable for bumpy terrain
• It takes approx. 1.5 – 2 hours to complete the 5k course. Participants are advised to bring snacks and water to keep them energised and hydrated. There is a café and food vendors onsite but these should be visited prior to the event.
• Only one dog is allowed per family
• Participants who have had a c-section are only permitted to take part if they have attended their 6-8 week postnatal check with their GP and have been advised it is safe to exercise. If you have any health conditions, recovering from other surgery or are in doubt, please consult your GP.
• Whilst there will be LWH Charity staff and volunteers in attendance to assist with any issues, please be advised that participants are responsible for their own health, safety and wellbeing
• Any Participant that acts negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other Participants to cause the Participant’s removal from the Event, will not be entitled to a refund.
• Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, alter the route or suspend the event due to inclement weather in accordance with LWH Charity’s Risk Assessment of severe emergencies and/or inclement weather.
• Whilst the Event organiser takes every care with staging the Event, participants acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is their sole responsibility.
• By registering for the event, the participant understands and agrees that he/she participates in the event entirely at his/her own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever shall attach to any Event sponsors, Event organiser, or any person involved in the organisation of the event for any injury, accidents, loss or damage suffered in, or by reason of, the event, however such may be caused.
• The participant should be aware of the physically strenuous nature of this event and the risks of participating, both medically and physically. The participant confirms that he/she is healthy and fit enough to complete in the Event.
• The Event organiser shall not be liable to the participant for any injury, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the participant taking part in the event.
• By submitting a booking form and paying a fee for entry into this event, participants understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions and the instructions given by the Event organiser.
Thank you again for supporting the Liverpool Women’s Neonatal Unit. Please do share with family and friends – we would love to see a great turnout to support our sick and preterm babies If you should have any questions, please email [email protected] We look forward to seeing you there!